- Associated Press - Monday, May 16, 2016

MILWAUKEE (AP) - Prosecutors have dropped charges against a man accused in a shooting incident that left two men dead and three others injured in Milwaukee last year, saying there’s too much doubt to take the case to trial.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports (https://bit.ly/1R53bNH ) that Mario Granville, of Milwaukee, was one of two men charged in the May 2015 shootings, which grew out of a family dispute and boiled over into a street fight. His stepbrother, Devon Loggins, was convicted Friday.

Prosecutor Paul Tiffin began to have doubts shortly after Granville was charged, and he says those doubts increased after testimony in Loggins’ trial last week. He says there’s no conclusive evidence that Granville fired the shot that killed Damario Jones.

A judge granted his motion to drop the charges Monday.

___

Information from: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, https://www.jsonline.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide