- Associated Press - Tuesday, May 17, 2016

TROY, Mich. (AP) - A jury has awarded $5 million in a lawsuit over the death of a 37-year-old woman who was struck by a bus while crossing a Detroit-area street.

Court records show the Oakland County Circuit Court jury returned the verdict last week in the case brought after the death of Sally LaMay of Troy.

In a statement, attorney Geoffrey Fieger says LaMay had two young children and the jury determined she suffered when she was struck.

LaMay died in November 2014 after being hit by a Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation bus that turned. LaMay was in a marked crosswalk.

SMART General Manager John C. Hertel says Tuesday in a statement that the company appreciates “the deliberations of the jury and their efforts in rendering a very serious decision.”


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide