- Associated Press - Friday, May 20, 2016

NAMPA, Idaho (AP) - A 92-year old Nampa woman who was severely burned in a Thursday garage explosion has died.

According to the Nampa Fire Department, the explosion occurred as the victim’s family member was refueling a riding lawnmower. The fuel can tipped onto the garage floor, which then ignited and started the fire. The family member ran out of the back of the garage and was not hurt.

However, flames flashed over the woman when she opened the garage door after hearing the explosions. She was unable to leave the garage area.

Firefighters eventually pulled the badly burned woman out of the house, but she later succumbed to her injuries at a local hospital.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide