- Associated Press - Tuesday, November 1, 2016

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - The state’s largest electric utility says it’s dropping plans to build a $100 million natural gas plant and pipeline in San Juan County because of low projections for energy demand.

The Albuquerque Journal reports (https://bit.ly/2fpp04Q ) the Public Service Company of New Mexico filed a motion to withdraw its application for the project with the Public Regulation Commission on Friday.

PNM President Pat Vincent-Collawn told investors during a conference call last week that demand projections for the project haven’t been as high as the company previously predicted.

The 80-megawatt plant was intended to replace energy lost from next year’s closure of two units at the coal-powered San Juan Generating Station.

PNM spokesman Pahl Shipley says the company could still revive the proposal in the future.

___

Information from: Albuquerque Journal, https://www.abqjournal.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide