- The Washington Times - Monday, November 7, 2016

Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager on Monday said they’re moving on in the wake of FBI Director James. B. Comey’s letter telling Congress on Sunday the bureau would not be changing its conclusions from over the summer that Mrs. Clinton acted recklessly with her private email set-up but should not face criminal charges.

“We’re in the final stretches of this election. Secretary Clinton wants to be out there explaining her vision for where she wants to take this country,” Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook said on NBC’s “Today” program.

“I just think Americans have heard a lot about this,” Mr. Mook said. “The director resolved this yesterday — that’s what we asked him to do, to get the information out there and bring it to a close.”

“And so we’re going to move on, and we want to talk about the voters and their lives — that’s what this election should be about,” he said.

Mr. Comey disclosed to Congress late last month that the bureau learned of the existence of emails that appeared to be relevant to its investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s private email set-up.



On Sunday, he announced that after further review, the bureau has not changed the conclusions expressed in July, when Mr. Comey said Mrs. Clinton and her aides acted recklessly but that he was not recommending criminal charges for mishandling classified information.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide