- Associated Press - Tuesday, October 11, 2016

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Providence St. Vincent Medical Center is facing another lawsuit in connection with sexual abuse allegations against a former nursing assistant.

The Oregonian/OregonLive reports (https://bit.ly/2emslA3 ) the $1 million suit filed by a 66-year-old woman Friday alleges the hospital failed to protect her from Adeladilew Mekonen.

Mekonen pleaded not guilty last month to raping two elderly patients and was indicted last week on charges related to the abuse of five other people.

The woman in the lawsuit says she was heavily medicated with painkillers when Mekonen attacked her.

An 87-year-old patient is also suing the hospital for $1.5 million in damages related to the alleged abuse.

Providence officials have said they won’t comment on pending litigation and that they’re cooperating with the sheriff’s office investigation.


Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, https://www.oregonlive.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide