- Associated Press - Tuesday, October 11, 2016

SEATTLE (AP) - A Renton man convicted of indecent exposure in 1995 in connection with an undercover police operation targeting men seeking sex with other men has persuaded a judge to dismiss the case.

The Seattle Times reports (https://bit.ly/2dgOi1H ) that a Lynnwood Municipal Court judge agreed to drop the case against 51-year-old Rodney Antonson last month. The decision came after Antonson’s request for a pardon from Gov. Jay Inslee was shot down earlier this year.

Antonson’s attorney, John Tymczyszyn, has said the arrest of his client was a “clear case” of entrapment. He says the police report showed the arresting officer was the one to initially suggest sex during the August 1995 encounter in a Lynwood park.

The two-month undercover operation led to the arrests of 27 men.


Information from: The Seattle Times, https://www.seattletimes.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide