- Associated Press - Thursday, October 13, 2016

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - San Jose State University will review procedures after failing to issue a student alert following a report two women were sexually assaulted by a water polo player at an off-campus party last month.

University officials say a campus alert was not issued because the man was immediately interviewed and investigated by police and school officials after the allegations were reported.

College officials also said Wednesday there was no immediate safety threat.

The suspect is an international student and his name was not made public.

He is believed to have left the U.S.



A spokesman with The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office has said the case is being reviewed for possible charges.

No arrests have been made.

The man has been banned from campus and team events during the investigation.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide