- Associated Press - Thursday, October 13, 2016

MONACO (AP) - Monaco says striker Radamel Falcao will not face Toulouse on Friday despite having a “positive” neurological scan following his concussion last month.

Coach Leonardo Jardim said on Wednesday that Falcao would join the squad for the away match provided he passed Thursday’s scan.

Although Monaco says the scan showed “positive development,” the French club adds that he was left out as “a precautionary measure.”

The 30-year-old Colombian striker has not played since sustaining a concussion against French league rival Nice on Sept. 21, but resumed light training.

Monaco says Falcao will be assessed again “in the next few days.”

Falcao started the season with three goals in six games.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide