- Associated Press - Thursday, October 13, 2016

JOPLIN, Mo. (AP) - Authorities say a 71-year-old woman who was smoking while using oxygen to help her breath has died in a southwest Missouri house fire.

The Joplin Globe (https://bit.ly/2d9wWFM ) reports that firefighters responded to the fire Wednesday morning. Fire Chief James Furgerson says Sandra Johnson was found on the living room floor and died at the scene. He said she had mobility issues.

No one else was home at the time of the fire.

Firefighters were able to bring the blaze under control in about 15 minutes. The department says the house sustained moderate heat and smoke damage.

___

Information from: The Joplin (Mo.) Globe, https://www.joplinglobe.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide