- The Washington Times - Friday, October 14, 2016

Billy Bush’s attorney told Us Weekly that his client played along with Donald Trump’s vulgar talk in the now-infamous “Access Hollywood” hot-mic audiotape because if he didn’t, he’d likely have been fired.

“If Billy had been passive or responded, ‘Shut the f– up,’ to Trump, Billy would have been out of a job the next day,” attorney Marshall Grossman said, the entertainment-news magazine reported Thursday. At the time of the recorded audio, Mr. Bush was host of “Access Hollywood,” a program produced by KNBC, a Los Angeles TV station owned by the NBC network. In 2005, Mr. Trump was host of the network’s “The Apprentice” reality show, a gig he retained until 2015.

An unnamed source told Us Weekly that it was all but official that Mr. Bush was being shown the exit at 30 Rock. “He’s definitely gone,” the source said. “A lot of people feel so bad for him. He’s a good guy. He made a mistake, but he’s a genuinely good guy.”

Mr. Bush, a first cousin of former Trump primary rival Jeb Bush, is reportedly considering a lawsuit against NBC, depending on how the network handles his termination.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide