- Associated Press - Saturday, October 15, 2016

LANHAM, Md. (AP) - A Maryland sandwich shop with dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide got lucky when two hungry firefighters walked in the door for lunch.

The Prince George’s County Fire Department said in a statement that two firefighters stopped in a Subway during their lunch break on Friday when their portable carbon monoxide detectors started going off.

The firefighters immediately called for additional resources. Responders found that an exhaust vent from the boiler/HVAC unit had broken and was sending carbon monoxide directly into the store.

Firefighters turned the unit off and used fans to bring down the carbon monoxide levels. No one was injured. The fire department says it appears the unit had just turned on for the day.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide