- Associated Press - Monday, October 17, 2016

KENNEWICK, Wash. (AP) - A 63-year-old woman who suffered burns at a fire in her home near Kennewick last week has died.

The Tri-City Herald reports (https://goo.gl/YwjJIF ) that Cathie Albers died Saturday at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Albers’ husband, Bobby Dale Albers, says she was asleep in her bedroom when the fire broke out Oct. 9 in the town of Finley. He says he returned home to find the fire and pulled her from the bedroom into the hallway and outside.

Benton County fire investigators say the blaze was sparked by a heating pad with a faulty electrical cord she was using to ease back pain.

___



Information from: Tri-City Herald, https://www.tri-cityherald.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide