- Associated Press - Sunday, October 23, 2016

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Officials say two people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries and two floors of a downtown San Antonio hotel were evacuated after a fire erupted during a wedding banquet.

San Antonio Police Department Sgt. Bryan Patten tells the San Antonio Express-News (https://bit.ly/2eHqKSK ) that the fire started Saturday night on the second floor in the Sheraton Gunter hotel.

San Antonio Fire Department Capt. Craig Balter says a cooking stove caught fire during the banquet, producing heavy smoke that filled the first and second floors.

While the sprinkler system quickly put the fire out, the floors were soaked and the smoke had to be vented from the building.

Groomsman Matthew Guevara said they had just sat down to eat their food when their wedding planner told them to evacuate.


Information from: San Antonio Express-News, https://www.mysanantonio.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide