- Associated Press - Wednesday, October 26, 2016

KENNEWICK, Wash. (AP) - A judge has issued a nationwide arrest warrant for a 79-year-old Montana man who fled from court in Kennewick just before a jury found him guilty of raping a young boy for several years.

The Tri-City Herald reports (https://bit.ly/2dIDl6j ) that William George Nicol left the Benton County Justice Center on Friday during a court recess. He was later convicted of child rape and child molestation charges.

Court documents say the boy told a relative in 2015 he had been sexually abused by Nicol.

Nicol denied the allegations in court, saying the boy was lying.

The Plains, Montana, man had been out of custody after posting $10,000 bail during trial. He reportedly told his attorney he was going to use the restroom before he left court and didn’t return.

___

Information from: Tri-City Herald, https://www.tri-cityherald.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide