- Associated Press - Thursday, October 27, 2016

CLAYPOOL, Ind. (AP) - Authorities say a gas leak is to blame for a home explosion in northern Indiana that killed a woman and badly injured her husband in August.

WANE-TV reports (https://bit.ly/2eWL2qe ) an investigation by the Burket/Seward Township Fire Department, the Kosciusko ((kahs-ee-AHS’-koh) County Sheriff’s Department and the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s office determined the blast was caused by a gas leak in, on, or around a clothes dryer.

The explosion on August 25 killed 68-year-old Kay Justis. An autopsy determined she died from blunt force trauma as a result of the blast.


Information from: WANE-TV, https://www.wane.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide