- Associated Press - Monday, October 3, 2016

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A northern Utah family suffered severe burns during a camping trip in Sevier County after a leaking propane heater erupted in flames inside their cargo trailer.

The Deseret News reports (https://bit.ly/2cME0Dm ) the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office says all five members of the family, ages 7 to 40, received first- to third-degree burns Sunday. Four were taken to a burn center, while one person was treated and released at the scene.

Authorities say the father reported he had struck the igniter on a propane heater when the entire trailer went up in flames near Fish Lake.

Investigators discovered the propane bottle hose had been leaking.

The family had left in their truck after the incident and was met by emergency medical crews on the highway before being taken to a hospital.


Information from: Deseret News, https://www.deseretnews.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide