- Associated Press - Monday, October 3, 2016

GERLACH, Nev. (AP) - A fire official says half of the 40 rooms at a motel in Gerlach are uninhabitable after a blaze believed to have started in the laundry room.

Washoe County firefighters, aided by crews from Pyramid Lake and Truckee Meadows, battled the fire reported a little after 2 p.m. Sunday at Bruno’s Motel.

Pat Irwin, Gerlach fire services community coordinator, tells the Reno Gazette-Journal (https://on.rgj.com/2dnjkFE ) that about 20 rooms were flooded after a water heater burst during the fire.

Irwin says the entire building received heavy smoke damage.

Bruno’s Motel is one of several businesses owned by Bruno Selmi in Gerlach, a town with about 200 residents about a two-hour drive north of Reno.

Gerlach is the town closest to the annual Burning Man festival site in the Black Rock Desert.


Information from: Reno Gazette-Journal, https://www.rgj.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide