- Associated Press - Monday, October 31, 2016

OTTUMWA, Iowa (AP) - Ottumwa authorities are crediting a hotel worker with saving a guest from flames inside the woman’s room.

The Ottumwa Courier reports that (https://bit.ly/2er94tV ) the blaze began early Sunday morning in a room on the fourth floor of the Hotel Ottumwa, but fire sprinklers kept the flames from spreading.

Fire Chief Tony Miller says hotel employee Trevor Medina kicked in the room’s door and pulled out the hotel guest. The woman was taken to Ottumwa Regional Health Center for treatment of smoke inhalation. Her name wasn’t released.

Miller says Medina’s action prevented a tragic outcome to the fire. The hotel has 61 rooms.

___

Information from: The Ottumwa Courier, https://www.ottumwacourier.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide