- Associated Press - Monday, October 31, 2016

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - U.S. Sen. Richard Burr’s re-election campaign is refusing to provide one of North Carolina’s largest newspapers with details of his upcoming campaign events.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reported Monday (https://bit.ly/2e5HZvj ) that Burr spokesman Jesse Hunt says the decision was made after the campaign raised objections to the newspaper’s coverage of Burr’s re-election contest with Democrat Deborah Ross.

The News & Observer says Burr’s campaign voiced concerns about an article last week involving a 2010 campaign fundraiser that conflicted with a Senate committee hearing on a costly military aircraft.

In an email to The Associated Press, Hunt says the Burr campaign has not identified other media organizations with which it will not share information about upcoming campaign events, though notice of Burr appearances has been sparse this month.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide