- Associated Press - Friday, October 7, 2016

LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) - Three Long Beach firefighters suffered electrical shocks while battling flames engulfing garages at a fourplex.

Fire Department spokesman Jake Heflin tells City News Service the firefighters were taken to a hospital and are doing well.

The fire broke out around 1:35 a.m. Friday. The shocks were believed to have come from downed power lines.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide