- Associated Press - Thursday, April 13, 2017

EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - Authorities are praising an 8-year-old for waking his family as a fire consumed their mobile home.

Fire and school officials in Egg Harbor Township on Thursday are presenting an award to Kane O’Connor.

He was sleeping on Saturday night when he saw fire in the bedroom that he shared with his 4-year-old sister.

Officials say he helped her out of the room and he they awakened his parents. The family got out safely before flames destroyed their home.

The fire has been ruled accidental.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide