- Associated Press - Thursday, April 20, 2017

CENTREVILLE, Md. (AP) - Fire officials say a women suffered superficial burns after a computer battery exploded and caught fire at an office building in Queen Anne’s County.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal said in a notice of investigation that a 58-year-old women suffered superficial burn to her face and upper body after a lithium battery in a computer exploded and caught fire Wednesday. Officials say the fire occurred at the Bridges Behavioral Health & Wellness in Centerville.

The woman was airlifted to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center for treatment.

The fire was accidental and was extinguished by an employee before the fire department arrived.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide