- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 26, 2017

OGDEN, Utah (AP) - Investigators have determined that a candle started a fire at a Catholic church in Ogden that caused $10,000 in damage.

The Standard-Examiner reported (https://bit.ly/2oMHvQE) Tuesday that the Ogden Fire Department says the candle was burning inside the church Monday when it started the blaze. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

The church had been evacuated and crews were able to extinguish the flames in less than a half hour.

The department says the first floor of the building sustained most of the damage.

No one was injured in the incident.

___

Information from: Standard-Examiner, https://www.standard.net


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide