- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 26, 2017

CINCINNATI (AP) - The owner of a Cincinnati crematory says flames from a cremation spread outside a furnace when the fire got too hot in what he describes as a “freak accident.”

Firefighters put out the blaze Tuesday night at Hillside Chapel Crematory. No one was hurt.

Owner Don Catchen tells WCPO-TV that fireproofing measures at the business limited the damage and the spread of the flames to one area, and no other bodies were affected.

WLWT-TV reports that a vent pipe was damaged, and the flames spread to roof material and some cardboard boxes, creating an estimated $30,000 in damage.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide