- Associated Press - Friday, April 7, 2017

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - State and Hartford health officials are investigating a possible norovirus outbreak at the Connecticut Convention Center and a neighboring hotel.

Dr. Gary Rhule, Hartford’s health director, said Friday that about 20 students and several adults got sick at the convention center and Hartford Marriott Downtown during an event last week sponsored by the Connecticut Music Educators Association. He said two other groups experienced similar symptoms at the hotel last weekend and this week.

Rhule says the symptoms included vomiting. The highly contagious norovirus can be transmitted from an infected person, contaminated food and water or by touching a contaminated surface.

Officials are interviewing affected people and testing samples they provided.

The hotel has been ordered to close its ballroom and surrounding areas so cleaning can be done.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide