- Associated Press - Wednesday, August 16, 2017

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. (AP) - Transportation officials have again pushed back the opening date of the Sarah Mildred Long Bridge connecting New Hampshire and Maine.

The Portsmouth Herald reports (https://bit.ly/2fJVPtT ) the bridge was previously projected to open to traffic in mid-October, which was a setback from the original Sept. 1 opening. Now, Maine Department of Transportation senior engineer Ron Taylor says the bridge will open in early November.

Taylor says the delays cannot be blamed on any one thing. He says the bridge work is a “complicated project,” and the opening date could be earlier or later.

Taylor says the Maine-based Cianbro Corporation will pay penalties for every day the bridge isn’t open from its September target.

The nearly $175 million project is scheduled to be complete June 2018.

___

Information from: Portsmouth Herald, https://www.seacoastonline.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide