- Associated Press - Wednesday, August 16, 2017

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - The Latest on which health insurance companies will offer plans under the Affordable Care Act in New Hampshire next year (all times local):

3:30 p.m.

A nonprofit health insurer that is trying to reorganize as new for-profit company won’t be offering plans under the Affordable Care Act in New Hampshire next year.

Wednesday was the deadline for states to submit all 2018 plan information, other than rates, to the federal government. In June, Minuteman Health said it was shutting down but hoped to transition its 27,000 New Hampshire customers to a new company in January. On Wednesday, the company said it was unable to meet the deadline to participate in the exchange next year.

Three other companies - Anthem, Harvard Pilgrim and Ambetter by NH Healthy Families, will continue offering plans.

Uncertainty over the fate of the Obama-era health care overhaul law has created turmoil in the individual market, prompting concern that some insurers would drop out.

___

2:40 p.m.

Two more companies that provide health insurance under the Affordable Care Act in New Hampshire are confirming that they will continue to offer plans next year.

Uncertainty over the fate of the Obama-era health care overhaul law has created turmoil in the individual market, prompting concern that some insurers would drop out.

Anthem, which covers about 27,000 people through the ACA and the state’s expanded Medicaid program, said Thursday it will continue to offer coverage in New Hampshire and around the country. Harvard Pilgrim, which covers more than 11,000 people in New Hampshire, also confirmed its participation, pending federal approval of its rates.

Ambetter by NH Healthy Families confirmed its decision last week.

The federal government recently extended the deadline for companies to file price information to Sept. 5.

___

11:40 a.m.

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - Another insurance company that provides health insurance under the Affordable Care Act is confirming that it will continue to offer plans next year.

Uncertainty over the fate of the Obama-era health care overhaul law has created turmoil in the individual market, prompting concern that some insurers would drop out.

Anthem, which covers about 27,000 people through the ACA and the state’s expanded Medicaid program, said Thursday it will continue to offer coverage in New Hampshire and around the country.

A total of four companies announced earlier this year they would offer plans, but only two - Anthem and Ambetter by NH Healthy Families - have confirmed their decisions.

Last week, the federal government extended the deadline for companies to file price information to Sept. 5.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide