- Associated Press - Wednesday, August 2, 2017

PITTSBURGH (AP) - A third person has been sentenced in the kidnapping and slaying of a Pittsburgh man last year that authorities said stemmed from a drug deal gone bad.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (https://bit.ly/2f94Mg0 ) reports that 25-year-old Erica Harris apologized before she was sentenced to 20 to 45 years in the March 2016 death of 21-year-old Saevon Scott-Ponder, whose bullet-riddled body was found near Pittsburgh’s Beltzhoover neighborhood.

Twenty-two-year-old Mitchell Coles and 21-year-old Johnnie Raines also pleaded guilty to third-degree murder. Coles was sentenced to 20 to 50 years and Raines to 20 to 45 years.

Authorities said the three were seeking the victim over a drug debt, and the two men led him into the woods, told him to take off his shoes and then shot him 14 times with one gun.

___

Information from: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, https://www.post-gazette.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide