- Associated Press - Saturday, August 26, 2017

NAMPA, Idaho (AP) - Visitors at a southwest Idaho lake shouldn’t enter the water due to toxic algae.

Southwest District Health tells the Idaho Press-Tribune (https://bit.ly/2wyaA9F) in a story on Saturday that high concentrations of blue-green algae at Lake Lowell led to the health advisory.

Officials say coming in contact with the algae can cause nausea, vomiting, liver damage and other problems.

Anglers are encouraged to clean and rinse their catch with uncontaminated water.

Lake Lowell is part of the Dear Flat National Wildlife Refuge that’s managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

___

Information from: Idaho Press-Tribune, https://www.idahopress.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide