- Associated Press - Tuesday, December 12, 2017

BOUTTE, La. (AP) - A Louisiana man credits his dog with saving him from a fire that destroyed their home.

The fire happened Sunday morning in Boutte (boo-TEE’) in southeast Louisiana. Calvin Baldwin tells WVUE television he was asleep on the couch of his home when his little dog, Rusty, started scratching his arm to wake him up.

Baldwin woke up, saw smoke, grabbed Rusty and fled the house.

Baldwin says the dog is a life-saver.

The roof of his home collapsed and everything was charred in the home Baldwin once shared with his late wife.

Baldwin’s mother said support from the community has been overwhelming. People have donated clothing and other items to help him recover.

___

Information from: WVUE-TV, http://fox8live.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide