- The Washington Times - Thursday, December 14, 2017

ABC has pulled “The Great American Baking Show” off the air after celebrity pastry chef Johnny Iuzzini, one of the show’s judges, was accused by several former employees of sexual harassment.

“In light of allegations that recently came to our attention, ABC has ended its relationship with Johnny Iuzzini and will not be airing the remainder of ‘The Great American Baking Show’ episodes,” an ABC spokesman said in a statement Wednesday to CNN.

ABC takes matters such as those described in the allegations very seriously and has come to the conclusion that they violate our standards of conduct.”

The baking competition show debuted its third season just last week.

The news comes after four women who worked for Mr. Iuzzini from 2009 and 2011 accused the celebrity chef of repeated sexual harassment and abuse. On Tuesday, Mic further reported that an additional four women had come forward.

“While I understand ABC felt pressured to make this difficult decision, I am extremely disappointed and saddened that the show will not continue to air as scheduled,” Mr. Iuzzini told CNN on Thursday. “I feel terrible for the bakers, fans of the show, the cast and everyone else involved in the production.”

Mr. Iuzzini apologized for what he described as “some unprofessional behavior 8-10 years ago,” but said many of the accounts had been sensationalized. He said he will “use this experience as another opportunity in my life to listen, learn and continue growing as a friend, family member, chef, mentor and as a human being.”

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide