- Associated Press - Thursday, December 14, 2017

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) - No one was hurt in a fire that prompted the evacuation of a dormitory on the University of North Dakota campus in Grand Forks.

Authorities say West Hall was cleared of students about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday when an overloaded dryer started on fire.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze and cleared smoke from the building. Students were allowed back in about an hour later.

Several dryers had fire damage, and the dorm’s first floor suffered smoke damage.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide