- Associated Press - Saturday, February 11, 2017

BEAR, Del. (AP) - Officials say a fire that destroyed a house trailer in Bear was started on accident.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office says the fire happened at the Waterford Trailer Park around 1 a.m. Saturday.

The fire marshal says the fire started when an occupant was using a heat gun to warm a room. The fire marshal says the heat gun ignited a fleece bed covering and the fire spread throughout the trailer.

Two people were able to flee. A 76-year-old man who had his hair singed by the heat of the fire was taken to the hospital for observation.

The marshal says the fire caused about $50,000 in damage.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide