- Associated Press - Monday, February 13, 2017

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) - A Nevada state lawmaker is recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning caused while was trying to drain floodwaters from his house in Elko.

Assembly Republican caucus spokesman Ross Hemminger says Assemblyman John Ellison was hospitalized Sunday morning and remained in Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital on Monday.

Ellison’s wife Cindy was in and out of the house throughout the night and was not hurt.

Hemminger says a generator running overnight to pump water out of Ellison’s home may have caused the unsafe level of carbon monoxide.

Gov. Brian Sandoval declared a state of emergency in Elko County last week.



Flood warnings persisted in northern parts of Nevada on Monday.

Ellison is a Republican and represents Elko.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide