- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 14, 2017

BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) - Police in Bozeman say a woman was found dead after a fire in a multi-unit residence in the southern part of the city, east of the Montana State University campus.

Detective Sgt. Joseph Swanson says the fire was reported just after 4 p.m. Monday.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and during a search found a 74-year-old woman unresponsive. Efforts to resuscitate her were unsuccessful.

The Gallatin County coroner’s office tells the Bozeman Daily Chronicle (bit.ly/2knMidr) that Sheryl Anne Mooney died of carbon monoxide poisoning due to soot and smoke inhalation.

Deputy Fire Chief Trisha Wolford says the damage was contained to Mooney’s residence. None of the adjoining properties were damaged.



The fire is being investigated by the city police and fire departments.

___

Information from: Bozeman Daily Chronicle, https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide