- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 14, 2017

BOSTON (AP) - A lawyer for Suffolk’s suspended register of probate says longtime court workers prevented his client from hiring his own management team and wouldn’t let him fill positions because they resented his attempts to diversify the staff.

Felix Arroyo was placed on paid administrative leave earlier this month pending an investigation. Court officials didn’t lodge any specific allegations of wrongdoing.

Walter Prince, an attorney for Arroyo, tells The Boston Globe (https://bit.ly/2lJIUpt ) his client is innocent. Prince says court administrators who benefited from previous practices sabotaged Arroyo and employees deliberately slowed work.

The probate court handles family issues including divorces and adoptions.

Prince has asked Massachusetts Trial Court administrator Lewis Spence to elaborate on the allegations.



The trial court says the inquiry and related documents are confidential personnel matters and it cannot comment.

___

Information from: The Boston Globe, https://www.bostonglobe.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide