- Associated Press - Wednesday, February 15, 2017

PARK HILLS, Mo. (AP) - An eastern Missouri woman is being treated for burns from a house fire, and a man who saw the fire from a neighboring home is credited with saving her life.

The Daily Journal newspaper in Park Hills, Missouri (https://bit.ly/2lgWPqd ) reports that fire broke out Tuesday afternoon at the Park Hills home of a 74-year-old woman. Richard Cowell Jr. was visiting his sister when they saw smoke coming from the woman’s home.

Cowell saw the woman in the doorway, apparently dazed. He pulled her from the home and put out a fire on her skin. She was flown to a St. Louis hospital with burns to her back and head.

The home was badly damaged. Smoking is the suspected cause of the fire but an investigation continues.

___



Information from: Daily Journal, https://dailyjournalonline.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide