- Associated Press - Monday, February 20, 2017

HONOLULU (AP) - A fire that broke out at a U.S. Coast Guard housing facility along the southern shore of Oahu caused an estimated $270,000 in damage.

Hawaii News Now reports (https://bit.ly/2mdR75u) that Honolulu fire officials say a circuit breaker that malfunctioned was the cause of the Saturday morning blaze in Aina Haina.

Firefighters had arrived to find smoke and flames coming from the basement of the two-story structure.

The building had been unoccupied at the time and fire crews were able to bring the flames under control in less than 30 minutes.

___

Information from: KGMB-TV, https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide