- Associated Press - Wednesday, February 22, 2017

HENDERSON, Nev. (AP) - Authorities in Henderson say an exterior electrical sign malfunction sparked a fire that spread to the attic of an office building and caused nearly $250,000 in damage.

A Henderson fire spokeswoman says everyone got out of the building before firefighters arrived a little before 9 a.m. Wednesday to find smoke in the second floor of the two-story structure at Stephanie Street and Galleria Drive. That’s near the Galleria at Sunset shopping center.

Officials credited a building sprinkler system with quelling flames until firefighters got into the attic to extinguish the fire.

Several offices sustained fire, water and smoke damage.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide