- Associated Press - Monday, February 27, 2017

LOCKE, N.Y. (AP) - Fire officials in Cayuga (ky-YOO’-gah) County say a man accidentally set his garage on fire while working on his lawn mower.

Authorities tell Syracuse.com (https://bit.ly/2lKMZfY ) that a man working in his garage set fire to his riding lawn mower after he tried using a torch to heat up and remove a pulley attached to the machine around 7 p.m. on Sunday. Locke Fire Chief Ray Dyer says the man didn’t clean off all of the excess oil from the mower, which caused it to ignite.

Crews from Locke and surrounding areas responded to the scene. Officials say the stand-alone garage burned down completely.

Dyer says no one was injured.

Officials have not released the identity of the homeowner.


Information from: The Post-Standard, https://www.syracuse.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide