- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 28, 2017

WASHINGTON, N.C. (AP) - A mother and two children were taken to a Washington hospital after emergency personnel found carbon monoxide in their mobile home.

Local media outlets report Washington Fire Battalion Chief Doug Bissette says a 911 call from a neighbor said three people were down. Beaufort Emergency Management Director John Pack said a rescue crew was dispatched to a mobile home park off U.S. 264 on Tuesday. Pack said when a rescue crew arrived, the home tested positive for carbon monoxide.

The three people were taken to Vidant Beaufort Hospital, where they are recovering.

Pack said rescue workers found a propane heater turned on and sitting on top of a stove, and without any windows or doors open. He said it took around 40 minutes to clear the air in the house.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide