- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 28, 2017

CHICAGO (AP) - The Illinois Department of Corrections says a man accused in a 2012 Chicago expressway killing was released on parole in an unrelated case because the department wasn’t informed he should be held.

The Department of Corrections released Garrett Glover on Friday after he was sentenced Thursday to four years in prison for an attempted armed robbery in 2014. Glover had been in custody since 2014.

Glover was supposed to be returned to the custody of the Cook County sheriff’s department, but the Department of Corrections says it didn’t get documentation from Cook County saying he should be held.

The sheriff’s office is investigating and seeking to apprehend Glover.

The 29-year-old Glover is awaiting trial in the Sept. 5, 2012, shooting of 25-year-old Larry Porter on Chicago’s Dan Ryan Expressway.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide