- Associated Press - Sunday, February 5, 2017

FOLEY, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say a 58-year-old man has died of his injuries after a mobile home fire earlier this week in Foley.

Officials say the residence was fully on fire when they arrived Wednesday evening and found Edward Lester Joseph Murphy on the porch.

Al.com reports (https://bit.ly/2jRdHiA ) that Murphy was flown to USA Medical Center with 95 percent of his body covered in severe burns. He died on Thursday at the hospital.

The Foley Fire Department and the State Fire Marshal’s Office said the fire was accidental, and was caused by unattended cooking equipment.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide