- Associated Press - Monday, February 6, 2017

BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) - Authorities say a couple found dead in their Berkeley apartment along with two cats last month died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The East Bay Times reported (https://bayareane.ws/2jN3HXA ) Saturday that 35-year-old Roger Morash and his wife, 32-year-old Valerie Morash, were found dead in the apartment Jan. 23.

Berkeley police were called to the scene after a friend went to check on the couple and discovered one of the bodies.

Police later found the second body and two dead cats.

Investigators had initially ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning in their deaths. But they changed course after receiving autopsy and toxicology results and conducting necropsies on the two cats.



Tests to identify the source of the carbon monoxide have been cancelled while police work to address concerns from residents of the apartment building.

___

Information from: East Bay Times, https://www.eastbaytimes.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide