- Associated Press - Monday, January 16, 2017

STANTON, Neb. (AP) - Two occupants have been treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at their home in Stanton.

Stanton County Sheriff Mike Unger says a deputy spotted smoke coming from the house around 6:15 p.m. Sunday. Unger says the deputy helped the two people out of the house, and they were taken to a Norfolk hospital.

Unger says the house suffered extensive smoke damage. Investigators suspect the smoke was coming from a wood stove.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide