- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 18, 2017

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - The mother of a Fresno severely disabled student who was accidentally given a bleach solution through her feeding tube is suing the school district for negligence and emotional distress.

The Fresno Bee reported (https://bit.ly/2j8YwBX ) Tuesday that court documents filed last week claim the 10-year-old Addicott Elementary School student was administered bleach through her feeding tube in September.

The lawsuit says that led to permanent damage to her trachea, esophagus, stomach and lungs.

The complaint accuses the Fresno Unified School District of hiring incompetent staff who improperly stored feeding and cleaning supplies which allowed them to be switched.

The mother claims she was not immediately notified that her daughter had ingested bleach, only being told her child was sick until she threatened to take her daughter to the hospital.

Fresno Unified did not respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

___

Information from: The Fresno Bee, https://www.fresnobee.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide