- Associated Press - Thursday, January 19, 2017

BARRE, Vt. (AP) - An arrest warrant has been issued for the man accused of using a bow and arrow to fatally shoot a horse in Vermont.

The Times-Argus reports (https://bit.ly/2iEOmN9 ) 21-year-old Quinton Clayton, of East Montpelier, was supposed to report to court upon his release from a substance abuse treatment facility.

The judge says he believes Clayton failed to complete the program and was dismissed on Tuesday.

Clayton’s attorney says his client was at his grandparents’ home on Tuesday night and knew of the Wednesday court date.

Clayton pleaded not guilty in October to using a bow and arrow to shoot and kill a quarter horse named Bunny. Police say the bow and arrows were stolen from the owner’s car.

Christopher Goslant pleaded not guilty last week to helping kill the horse.

___

Information from: The Times Argus, https://www.timesargus.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide