- Associated Press - Monday, January 30, 2017

WARWICK, R.I. (AP) - An East Greenwich man has been convicted of sexually abusing a young boy he knew.

The state attorney general’s office says 54-year-old George Tabora was ordered jailed without bail on Friday after jurors convicted him of second-degree child molestation. His sentencing is planned for late March.

The Providence Journal reports (https://bit.ly/2kEt4Nb ) prosecutors say Tabora molested the boy when he was 7 and 8 years old.

The boy’s mother notified a social services group after suspecting her son was being physically abused. The organization notified the state Department of Children Youth and Families and the boy later told a mental-health counselor he had been molested.

The Associated Press generally doesn’t identify victims of sexual abuse.


Information from: The Providence Journal, https://www.providencejournal.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide