- Associated Press - Sunday, January 8, 2017

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - A 51-year-old man died a week after choking on a bite of meat at a New Year’s Eve party.

The Omaha World-Herald reports (https://bit.ly/2i5l8BW ) that Brian O’Neill died Saturday at the Nebraska Medical Center.

Family members say O’Neill will be remembered as someone who always made others feel important and made family a priority. His wife, Joan, and their twin 20-year-old sons were at the hospital when he died.

O’Neill choked on a piece of meat that became lodged in his airway on New Year’s Eve. Attempts to dislodge the meat with the Heimlich maneuver failed, and a doctor tried unsuccessfully to open O’Neill’s airway with a steak knife.


Information from: Omaha World-Herald, https://www.omaha.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide